On the 5th Day of Christmas…
The Perfect Apertif
MAS NEUF Paradox Rose 2015
About this winery
In the heart of the Southern Rhone, halfway up the Costières de Nîmes you will find a gem of land that is home to the Mas Neuf Estate. Known for their production of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, the estate generally produces wines of greater acidity than some of their counterparts in the Languedoc and Provence. Rhone Paradoxe was created in partnership with Winemakers Luc Baudet and Francois Villard, and showcases their ability to make excellent, mineral driven Rose through direct pressing.
A deliciously tangy blend of 50% Cinsault, 25% Mourvedre, 10% Grenache, and 10% Syrah, this medium salmon coloured wine is a refreshing accompaniment to an evening full of laughter and appetizers. The nose is delicate, and the dry palate offers up notes of bing cherry, unripe strawberry, watermelon rhind, orange zest, ginger, a hint of peppery spice and crushed gravel on the tart finish. This is not a serious wine, but one instead to enjoy in the company of great friends that you want to spend catching up with.
Where to Buy? This wine can be purchased by our Vine Life Wine Club Members at Highlander Wine and Spirits!
A great wine for casual sipping, this is an excellent wine to serve at a causal New Years Eve Gathering with plenty of finger friendly nibbles. This wine LOVES to be paired with foods that are fried, and equally tangy in order to bring out the Wine’s fruit character. After some ‘extensive research’ we discovered our Fried Double Dipper Baby Dill Pickles were indeed the “Perfect Pairing”.
Fried Double Dipper Pickles with Ranch Dip
- 12 Baby Dill Pickles
- 1 Cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Sifted Flour
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Canola Oil – Enough to create a 1″ Depth in your frying vessel
- In a Dutch Oven, or Sturdy Deep Sided Cast Iron Pan, heat Canola Oil to 300F
- Combine Bread Crumbs with Salt and Pepper in a shallow bowl
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and water
- Place Flour in a Third Bowl
- Dip each pickle in flour mixture
- Transfer and dip into egg wash
- Then Dip into Bread Crumb Mixture
We Prefer to ‘Double Dip’ these baby dills
8. Dip Again in Flour, then egg, and then Bread Crumbs
9. Fry until Golden brown on all sides – approx 3-5mins and serve with Ranch Dip